Who we are
- We are EFAB GmbH. We own and operate this website (the “Site’). Our contact details are given here. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this policy.
- This policy tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (that is, information about any identified or identifiable living persons). For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller in relation to personal data collected by us. Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it or request that we stop processing it.
Personal and other data we collect
Information you give us:
- We collect and store the information which you give us through forms you fill in on the Site – such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and preferences – or when communicating with us by phone, email or in some other way. You can choose what information to give to us through these forms, but some of this information may be required to provide you with certain services or goods (for example, the billing or delivery address if you order from us). If you choose not to provide such information we will not be able to provide you with such services or goods.
Information we collect about you:
- We receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include connection information such as country and city, browser type and version, your operating system and platform, login details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), cookie number, activity on the Site including the pages you visited, searches you made, and products purchased.
- We do not collect any sensitive information. Sensitive information includes data such as: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious beliefs or the like; physical or mental health; sexual orientation or criminal record. Whenever you voluntarily provide sensitive information, we expressly consent to your use of that information in connection with the purpose for which it was provided.
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until you leave the site. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- By continuing to use our site you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
- In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have several legal bases for processing your personal data:
(a) Performance of a contract with you: for data which is needed in order to provide you with goods or services, we process the data in order to provide you with those goods and services;
(b) Consent: where you have provided consent (for example, by agreeing that we can contact you with offers and events you might be interested in), we will process the data on the basis of that consent.
- We use your personal data to provide our services arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and further services that you may request from us.
- We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us through the Site.
- We may use your data to supply information about our products and offerings which we believe may interest you.
- We do not provide information to third parties for your own marketing purpose.
- We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- We take all relevant precautions to protect personal data.
Disclosure of personal data
- In particular, we use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver communications. This involves the transfer of your information to a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), the United States of America. Your data is still protected as MailChimp have certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
- We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communications. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
- You have the right to request access to the personal information you send to us, to update or correct your details, to choose not to receive further information from EFAB GmbH or to request that your personal data be excluded from our systems, at any time through E-mail email@example.com. We treat all situations in accordance with applicable local law.
- You can choose not to receive promotional or marketing e-mail from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the e-mail address you wish to remove from our distribution list. This option, not to receive our promotional or marketing electronic mail, does not prevent us from contacting you, by e-mail or otherwise, in order to manage the existing relationship with us.